While there are some people who see a face mist as nothing but an overpriced bottle of water, there are also believers, claiming that it can indeed be effective in delivering its promise. It hydrates and soothes the skin. It can calm irritated skin, give life to its dull appearance, and even improve your mood, among other benefits.
If you are looking for the best face mist for dry skin that can instantly make you look fresh and hydrated, keep on reading! We will help you to pick a product that will make the hot days more bearable, making sure that the skin will always look at its best.
Our Top Picks for Top-Rated Face Mists for Dry Skin
Struggling to pick the face mist to buy? No worries! Here are some of the products that should be included on your list, as well as some of the reasons why they are exceptional.
Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe Herbs and Rosewater
This face mist is ideal not only for dry skin, but it will also work for all skin types. This cult-favorite promises to boost the moisture while providing hydration to the skin, which will come handy during the summer months when the skin always ends up drying. The effectiveness of this mist can be attributed to the natural ingredients that are used, which include botanical extracts from rose, aloe vera, thyme, and gardenia. All of these ingredients are gentle and won’t cause irritation even if you have sensitive skin.
Eau Thermale Avene Thermal Spring Water
More than 300 studies have been conducted to test the effectiveness of this product and they were all in agreement that it can be effective in having softer and smoother skin. If dryness of the skin is your problem, this can effectively provide the hydration that you need. It can also be effective in the treatment and prevention of redness, sunburn, and skin irritation, among others. You can use it to look fresher after exercise or when you are exposed under the heat of the sun for an extended period.
Evian Natural Mineral Water Facial Spray
For many, Evian is known as a brand of mineral water. A few people know that they have a facial mist, which also uses natural mineral water for facial hydration. The water used is sourced directly from the Northern Alps in France, providing you an assurance of its purity. It can deliver a number of benefits, which include boosting the hydration of the skin, calming sensitive skin, and improving the finish of makeup. It is packaged in a leak-proof canister, so there is no need to worry that drops of the face mist will go to waste.
Vichy Mineralizing Thermal Water
Sourced from the French volcanoes, this mineralizing water facial mist takes pride over the fact that it contains 15 rare minerals, which are the ones responsible for protecting and fortifying the skin. It provides a protective layer from the aggressive elements that could cause damage to the skin while also providing hydration. It has been clinically-tested and proven to be effective, so you can be confident that it will indeed work. The formula is also non-comedogenic, which means that it is not going to result in clogged pores.
La Roche-Posay Thermal Spring Water
This face mist is sourced directly from thermal spring water. It has mineral salts and trace elements that have been scientifically proven to soothe even dry skin. The spray also has a potent concentration of selenium. The latter is an antioxidant that can soothe the skin. It has a gentle formulation. In fact, it is so gentle that it is safe to use even amongst babies. The manufacturer suggests that you use this every day as a replacement for a toner. It is free of parabens, fragrances, and oils, among other ingredients that can cause skin irritation.
DERMA E Hydrating Mist with Hyaluronic Acid
Among others, one of the best things about this face mist is the fact that it contains hyaluronic acid, which is considered as nature’s moisture magnet. It is capable of holding up to 1,000 times of its weight in water, allowing it to instantly provide hydration to your dry skin. It also has green tea, a powerful antioxidant that fights damages on the skin caused by free radicals. More so, with Vitamin C, the mist can effectively fight environmental factors that speed up skin aging. All of the ingredients are derived from natural resources, eliminating fears that it can lead to skin irritation.
H2O+ Beauty Oasis Quench The Day Hydrating Mist
This is a water-based moisturizer that is especially formulated for dry skin. Aside from thermal water, it also contains water lily, seagrass, and aloe vera extracts, which will work together to hydrate the skin and bring it back to life. It has been tested by dermatologists, so you can be confident that there will be no adverse effects associated with its use. You can spritz it on the face at any point of the day if you need instant hydration and you can also use it as a makeup primer.
Caudalie Grape Water
Made of 100% grape water, this is another face mist that should be included on your list of choices. This plant water has soothing powers to keep the skin looking radiant instead of being dry. The mist can be applied day or night. It is perfect even for people who have sensitive skin as it does not contain harsh chemicals that could cause irritation. It will also be effective in the reduction of the sensitivity of the skin to the cosmetic products you are using or environmental factors. Based on clinical tests, it has been proven that this mist can improve hydration by as much as 127% and decrease the sensitivity of dry skin by as much as 61%.
Georgette Klinger Coconut Facial Mist
This is different from most of the products that have been mentioned in this guide in the sense that it does not use spring or thermal water as its base. Instead, it uses coconut water. The latter hydrates and moisturizes dry skin. To deliver exceptional outcomes, coconut water is combined with other skin-friendly ingredients, including green tea. The latter is a powerful antioxidant, which is great for improving defense against free radicals and the damage they can cause. It also contains herbs and essential oils.
Art Naturals Soothing Cooling Mineral Water Misting Spray
This misting spray is not only for the face but also for the whole body. If you have burnt and irritable skin, especially if you have been exposed to the sun for quite a while, this will do an effective job. Some of its main ingredients are aloe vera and cucumber, which are both known for their abilities to hydrate your dry skin. The pure and fresh mineral water, on the other hand, will instantly boost the tired skin. It can also help remove the impurities from sweat, making it a great facial spray after working out.
Dermalogica Antioxidant Hydramist
This is not just a face mist that is effective in hydrating dry skin. It also functions as a toner, allowing it to get rid of the dirt and impurities that cannot be removed with the use of a facial cleanser alone. It will provide a natural protective barrier to the skin to prevent further damages that can be caused by environmental factors, such as pollution and the harsh heat of the sun. The spray is packed with powerful antioxidants that shield the skin from the damages that can be caused by free radicals.
Mad Hippie Hydrating Nutrient Mist
Not just made for people with dry skin, this can offer hydration to all skin types. It makes the skin supple and soft. It can also be effective in delaying the visible signs of aging of the skin as it gives the skin a noticeable radiance. To make the most out of this mist, the manufacturer recommends that you spray it first on your palm and rub it on your face. You can purchase this product risk-free as the manufacturer issues a refund when you are unhappy with its use, as long as it is purchased from an authorized seller.
What are the Benefits of a Face Mist
Still not convinced that a face mist will be a good addition to your skincare routine? If you think that it is nothing but regular water, here are some of the benefits that could compel you to finally try a face mist:
- It Hydrates the Skin: This is perhaps the best reason why your dry skin needs a face mist. Dry patches can be easily removed with just a few sprays. The best thing is that while it heals dry skin, it is not going to ruin your makeup! Say goodbye to your dull skin!
- It Improves Absorption: We all know that skincare is not a one-step routine. There are several products that you have to apply. If the skin is too dry, they cannot be absorbed effectively. On the other hand, when you mist it beforehand, the absorption of products like serums and moisturizers can be significantly improved.
- It Offers Protection: This is a benefit that will depend on the specific product that you will choose. Some have the ability to provide a protective layer against external elements, as well as free radicals that could damage the skin.
- It Keeps you Cool: Especially during the hot summer months, the sun can be irritating. When you are out and you feel like you need a bit of comfort, simply spritz a face mist and you will instantly feel cool and hydrated.
- It Feeds your Skin: Face mists contain a variety of natural or plant-derived ingredients. Depending on which one you will buy, it can also feed the skin with the vitamins and minerals that are necessary for its health.
How to Choose a Face Mist
Given the abundance of the options for a face mist, it is no longer surprising that you will end up being overwhelmed. To increase the likelihood of making the right decision, these are some of the most important things to consider:
- Skin Type: In this post, we are discussing face mists that are great for people with dry skin. Most of the products mentioned above are for all skin types. Nonetheless, there are products with special formulations for different skin types, such as for those with oily and sensitive skin.
- Ingredients: Most of the face mists use thermal or spring water sourced from an exceptional location. Some contain antioxidants and herbal extracts. The best ones would be those that use natural and organic ingredients, providing an assurance that they will not cause irritation. Plant oils are important to relieve skin dryness.
- Effectiveness: The best way to say if a product is effective or not is to try it. Nonetheless, when deciding which face mist to buy, look for one that has undergone a series of clinical tests to prove the effectiveness. It is also good to choose one that has been tested and approved by dermatologists.
- Reviews: It is always a good idea to trust the opinions of other users of the face mist. Read online reviews and learn from the real-life experiences of other people. This will be a great way to narrow down the possibilities.
Other Ways to Prevent Skin Dryness
While using the right face mist will be a lot of help, this is not the only thing that you can do. Keep in mind the things briefly mentioned below to help you fight dry skin:
- Indoors, there are some modifications that can be done to soothe dry skin. Specifically, during winter, a humidifier will help to improve indoor humidity to prevent the skin from drying out.
- Do not stay too long in the shower, especially if you love hot baths. This can strip the natural moisture of the skin and can contribute to dryness.
- After taking a bath, apply moisturizer as soon as possible. This will help to lock in the moisture and to keep the skin looking hydrated.
- Watch out for the skincare products that you are using and make sure that they do not contain skin-drying ingredients. Those with alcohol, retinoids, and fragrances should be avoided.
- There are also home remedies that can be promising. For instance, hydrating with coconut oil can help.
Dealing with dry skin can be challenging! While there are many products that can prove to be promising, one of the best to use would be a mist spray, including those that have been briefly mentioned above. After spraying on the face, it can instantly hydrate the skin and bring it back to life. It is a simple way to appear radiant and glowing even during a hot day!