Hair loss does not spare anyone! Whether you are a man or a woman, old or young, hair loss can be a nightmare! Since your hair is your crowning glory, you surely would not want to lose it, right?
If you are already seeing signs of hair loss or if you are afraid to go bald one day, now is the time to take action. The good news is that you do not need to undergo expensive treatment to prevent hair loss.
These days, the market is filled with promising products that will be effective in combatting hair loss. Clueless about which one will make the best choice? I suggest that you keep on reading and I will help you to pick a product that will stop hair loss before it becomes a more serious problem!
20 Reviews of Top-Rated Oils for Hair Loss
Now, let us get straight to the point and we’ll present to you a rundown of some of the oils that should be on your radar if you want to deal with hair loss.
Pura D’or Organic Moroccan Argan Oil
Liquid gold – this is one of the things that argan oil is known for because of its benefits. Applying only a small amount on the hair can do a lot to deal with hair loss. It is pure and organic, making sure that it won’t cause irritation to the scalp. When used, it can help in the regeneration of the hair. If you have dry scalp, this can also be an effective choice for a natural treatment instead of using shampoos that are laden with harsh chemicals.
Shiny Leaf Organic Castor Oil
Having a healthy and strong hair will not be a problem with the use of this product. The effectiveness can be attributed to the fact that it contains castor oil, which does not only prevent hair loss but also promotes a healthier scalp and treats split ends. The oil that is used is premium-grade and cold-pressed, providing an assurance that it will not cause an irritation to the user. It is also well-loved by many because it is not only for the hair. It comes with a mini-applicator for the brows and lashes.
Sky Organics USDA Organic Castor Oil
This is another top-rated Amazon product that you should not miss. It uses castor oil as the main ingredient, similar to most of the products that will be briefly reviewed in this guide. It is a potent source of vitamins and fatty acids that can help in reversing hair loss. It is 100% natural and organic, so you do not have to worry about the possibility of irritation. This oil can also be used even on the skin, especially for moisturizing.
Cliganic 100% Pure and Natural Jojoba Oil
It is one of the perfect examples of a multitasking oil. While it can be used primarily for the health of the hair, it can also be applied on the face and the body. It is certified organic, so you can have the assurance that it is not filled with chemicals that can cause irritation. Lastly, you will have 90 days to try it out. If you are not satisfied with the results, you can return it to the manufacturer and you will be able to get your money back!
Hair Thickness Maximizer All-Natural Hair Growth Oil
This product is made by a company called Hair Thickness Maximizer. This is already a clue on what exactly it does to its users. But, how exactly will this oil work to make your hair thicker and prevent hair loss? The effectiveness can be attributed to the use of the natural and organic ingredients, which include pomegranate extract, rosehip extract, cayenne extract, argan oil, jojoba, and Jamaican black castor oil, among others. There is no need to worry that your money will go to waste. If you are unhappy within 90 days after purchase, just let the manufacturer know and they will issue a refund.
Fine Vine Organic Castor Oil
Castor oil is known as an excellent moisturizing and healing oil, which is why it is one of the most popular when it comes to treatment of hair loss. It has vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids that will be effective in promoting healthier hair. This also helps to heal dry scalp and is an effective choice for the treatment of dandruff. The best thing is that it is all-natural. Even if you look at the list of ingredients, you will see that it does not contain additives and chemicals.
Maple Holistics 100% Pure Rosemary Essential Oil
This is a pure essential oil that contains DHT blockers to treat hair loss. Nonetheless, this is a versatile product since you can use it not only for the hair. The manufacturer recommends that it can also be used as an astringent, especially if you are concerned about the appearance of the visible signs of aging. It can also boost mental functions. It is made of 100% pure rosemary oil, so you can be sure that it is never adulterated.
Arvazallia Argan Oil for Hair Treatment
This is a salon leave-in treatment that promises to be effective in making your hair soft, silky, and manageable. Right after every application, the effectiveness can be seen immediately. Aside from this, however, it also has the reputation of being effective in repairing, restoring, and strengthening the hair strands. If you have brittle and over-processed hair, using this product can help reverse the damages, which is exactly the reason why we are recommending this for people who are being burdened by hair loss.
Just Nutritive Grow New Hair Treatment
The name of the product describes exactly what it intends to do to its users – to grow new hair. The hair will appear thicker and fuller. This will also be effective in providing immediate repair from damage. As it restores the health of the scalp and the hair, you will be one step closer in being able to successfully tackle the curse of hair loss. It is available in an ultra-concentrated formula, which is why it can be quite thicker than most of the options that have been tackled in this post.
Kesh King Herbal Ayurvedic Hair Oil
Utilizing the principles of India’s ancient healing system, this is another oil that should not be missed when it comes to the treatment of hair loss. It is a patented medicine using a formula that has been exclusively developed by the manufacturer. It contains 16 pure kwath herbs, which will treat the inner roots to activate the growth of new and healthy hair strands. If you have a sensitive scalp, there is no need to worry as it does not contain harsh ingredients.
Handcraft Blends Fractioned Coconut Oil
The best thing about this product is its versatility. It is rich in antioxidants that can promote the best for the health of your hair. It also has antifungal, antiviral, and antibacterial properties, allowing it to combat the different reasons why your hair is thinning and falling. More so, it can be also used for the skin. Nonetheless, take note that dilution is important using your choice of carrier oil if it is going to be applied topically.
Gro-aut Hair Growth Oil
Tired of trying different products and waiting for a long time before your hair grows? This oil has the answer! It guarantees the ability to grow your hair in just as little as seven days. All that you have to do is to use the product twice in a week. This will be great in covering the bald patches and in restoring your hairline. The secret of this product is the nine essential oils that are used as replacements for mineral oils.
Tropic Isle Red Pimiento Hair Growth Oil
This oil works by strengthening the hair follicles. What this means is that there will be fewer hair loss because the hair strands are stronger and less prone to falling off. It also adds luster and life to your hair without too much shine. If you have dandruff, dry scalp, and split ends, you will also love using this hair oil. All of these benefits can be attributed to the use of red pimiento and the fact that there are no chemical additives.
Kaleidoscope Mineral Drop Hair Growth Oil
If you want your hair to regrow and to prevent going bald, this is another oil that promises to extend a helping hand. It is a chemical-free hair treatment that makes it safe even for those who have a sensitive scalp. Some of the ingredients that make it effective against hair loss include peppermint, geranium, and ylang-ylang extracts. It also has Vitamins A, D, and E, which are good for the hair, scalp, and skin, making it a multi-use oil.
Shea Moisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil
For those with dull and damaged hair, often a result of chemical treatment, this oil can help in its rejuvenation. To add, it also nourishes the hair and the scalp, which is exactly the reason why it is another great solution for hair loss. The main ingredient is Jamaican black castor oil. The effectiveness is maximized with the help of shea butter and peppermint. Comparable to the other products that are mentioned, it is also free of harsh chemicals and other ingredients that can irritate the scalp.
Wild Growth Light Oil Moisturizer
The manufacturer markets this product as a hair rejuvenator and scalp energizer. It comes in a smooth and lightweight formula. This is unlike others that can feel greasy and heavy on the hair, especially during a hot day. The fragrance, meanwhile, is a clean and natural scent. The smell is not too strong and won’t irritate the nose. Aside from triggering the growth of new hair, it also deodorizes and conditions, making it an important component of your haircare routine.
Laritelle Organic Hair Loss Treatment
This dual acting oil does not only stop hair loss, but it is also an effective treatment for activating the growth of new hair. The magic lies in the fact that it uses Ayurvedic herbs that are rich in antioxidants. Some of the main ingredients used in this product include rosemary, cloves, patchouli, ginger, and lavender, among others. All of these ingredients are pure and sourced only from the best suppliers. It is also extra gentle, even for those who have a sensitive scalp.
Slice of Nature Amla Oil for Hair
The amla oil that is used in this product is not only effective for hair loss, but it can also be great for addressing other hair problems. As the manufacturer claims, you can use this as well if you have greying hair. It is also great for dandruff and split ends. It has lipids, antioxidants, fatty acids, and minerals, among other ingredients that are promising in promoting what is best for the health of your hair.
Majestic Pure Castor Oil
As you should know by now, castor oil is indeed one of the best when it comes to the oils for hair loss. This product comes with a handy air pump, which makes it easier to use and minimizes waste. It has antibacterial and antifungal properties, which will be beneficial for the scalp. It is also high in ricinoleic acid, which is one of the reasons why it is great not only for the hair but also for the skin.
Zenpy Hair Growth Essence Oil
Similar to the products that have been mentioned in this guide, this is made using all-natural ingredients that are promising in terms of restoring the growth of the hair. To be specific, it contains ginger and grapeseed oil, among others. It nourishes the hair follicles and penetrates deeply to trigger new growth. This also works in addressing common scalp problems, such as dryness. As recommended by the manufacturer, 3ml of this essential oil should be mixed with 100ml of shampoo.
Understanding Hair Loss
The main reason why a lot of people fail to prevent hair loss is because of their lack of understanding. With that, in this section, we will talk about the types of hair loss, the reasons for hair loss, and most importantly, the things that you can do to prevent hair loss.
Types of Hair Loss
The type of hair loss can differ depending on the reason or how it happens. A quick look at these types will also reveal the reasons why you are possibly suffering from hair loss.
- Androgenetic Alopecia: This is the most common type. As the name implies, this is a condition that is hereditary. When you are born, your hair follicles are already weak and sensitive to DHT hormone.
- Involutional Alopecia: It refers to the gradual loss of hair, often as a consequence of aging. As you age, your hair follicles rest, the hair strands become weaker, and they easily fall off.
- Alopecia Areata: This is an autoimmune condition. The immune system will attack the hair follicles by mistake, which is why you will end up suffering from hair loss.
- Anagen Effluvium: You might end up being surprised by this condition because it happens all of a sudden. One instance where this is possible would be when the hair is exposed to harsh chemicals during treatment.
- Telogen Effluvium: This happens when the hair follicles prematurely go through the resting phase of their growth. Usually, this is due to surgery, physical trauma, or an illness.
- Scalp Folliculitis: The health of your scalp is also one of the main culprits for hair loss. This can be caused by an inflammation of the hair follicles.
- Traction Alopecia: This is the medical term for hair loss that is caused by tying the hair too tight.
Prevention is Better Than Cure
Personally speaking, the best way to address hair loss is to have a proactive approach. You should not wait for your hairline to recede or for bald spots to appear before you take a drastic measure to address the problem. That being said, below are some of the preventive tips to combat hair loss:
- If possible, avoid using hair dryers frequently. The heat that it generates will make the hair protein weaker, which will result in hair loss. It is best to dry your hair naturally.
- Be careful about the haircare products that you are using, including shampoos and conditioners. Make sure that they are made of natural ingredients instead of harsh chemicals that can negatively affect the health of your hair and scalp.
- Pulling your hair too tight is also best to be avoided. If you have long hair, avoid tying it too tight.
- The right diet will also have an impact on the health of your hair. A diet rich in iron is important. Proteins and omega-3 fatty acids will also be critical.
- A regular scalp massage is not only relaxing but will also help in preventing hair loss. This can help improve the blood circulation in the scalp to stimulate the growth of hair.
- Do not brush the hair when it is still wet. They are more delicate at such point, and hence, will be prone to damage. Using the right brush or comb is also essential.
- Managing sweat in the head or scalp will also help. When sweat accumulates, the hair follicles can be weaker.
- Keep an eye on the medicines that you are taking. There are some medications that can result in hair loss as a side effect.
- If you are extremely bothered and if you have already tried a bunch of solutions but none proved to be effective, do not hesitate to get in touch with a medical professional.
The Best Sources of Oils for Hair Loss
Earlier in this article, we did a round up of some of the best products that can aid in hair loss. Before we end this post, we would also like to give you a glimpse of some of the best sources or the ingredients that are commonly used in these oils.
- Coconut Oil: Derived from the tree of life, there is no wonder why this is considered by many to be the holy grail of hair oils. Aside from preventing hair loss, it also has properties that protect the hair from heat damage.
- Argan Oil: This is a precious type of oil that is sourced only from Morocco. It is extracted from nuts of the argan tree. It has Vitamin E, fatty acids, and ferulic acid, all of which are effective in fighting hair cell damage, especially due to the harsh rays of the sun.
- Castor Oil: Most of the products that have been reviewed in this post contain castor oil as their main ingredient. The latter has antioxidants that are vital for the keratin in the hair. It also fights infections in the scalp to make the hair grow healthier.
- Jojoba Oil: It has a chemical structure that is similar to sebum, which is the oil that is naturally produced in our scalps. It is also excellent in terms of hydration and in the treatment of scalp problems.
- Olive Oil: Although not as commonly used in hair oils as those that have been mentioned earlier, it is known for its anti-inflammatory benefits, effectively protecting the scalp from problems that could trigger hair loss.
- Avocado Oil: This is another oil that is considered as a potent source of fatty acids. They will help in fighting the oxidative damage in the scalp and hair. It also works in blocking DHT, which is the hormone that causes hair loss.
- Cedarwood Oil: The essential oil derived from cedarwood is known for being an excellent anti-bacterial. It effectively treats conditions that can exacerbate hair loss. It is often mixed with lavender and is known for having a good scent.
Afraid of losing your hair? If you are, now is the right time to try the oils that have been mentioned above. They are made using effective ingredients and have been given words of praises, providing you with the confidence that they will indeed work!