Your hair is your crowning glory. With this, it is no longer surprising that many of us invest in making it look at its best. From using the best shampoos to top-rated dryers, we use different products that promise to make our hair stand out.
To take care of your hair, you will also benefit from using the best hairbrush. Do not pick just any hairbrush. Instead, look for one that can prevent breakage, including those that will be mentioned in the rest of this post. When you use the wrong brush, the hair shafts can break, which can result in split ends and an unsightly appearance. The hairbrush should be gentle on every stroke!
Top-Rated Hair brush to Prevent Breakage
Prevent your hair shafts from breaking and stay beautiful! Below are the top hairbrushes that you should use, as well as some of the reasons why they are exceptional.
Crave Naturals Glide Thru Detangling Brush
This is one of the best brushes that could detangle almost any type of hair without breaking and tearing. This can be attributed to a variety of factors, such as the design of the bristles. They have varying lengths to pull the hair to be detangled without being damaged. This prevents it from ripping and pulling the hair. The bristles are also flexible to easily loosen the knots. It also comes with an ergonomic handle, which makes it easy to hold. Plus, it is lightweight, so you can just keep it in your bag to fix your hair anytime and anywhere!
Tangle Teezer The Original Detangling Hairbrush
While this is a hairbrush that is marketed specifically to be used for detangling, this can also be an excellent choice if you want to prevent breakage. Aside from the reduction of breakage, it also gives the hair a healthier shine without looking oily. The innovative design of the brush is one thing that makes it exceptional. It has a two-tiered system that includes long teeth for detangling and short teeth that will help in making the hair cuticle smoother. It also comes in a compact body, which makes it easily fit in your bag to fix your hair even on the go.
Beauty by Earth Detangling Brush
Removing tangles will be a lot easier with the use of this hairbrush. Unlike other brushes, however, it restores the shine and the beauty of the hair without causing breakage. Whether you have dry or wet hair, you can use this brush without worrying about damage. Aside from the bristles, it is also a good thing that it comes with a well-designed wooden handle that can withstand the test of time. You can have peace of mind with your purchase. If you are unhappy in any way, you can return it to the manufacturer and you will be given a complete refund.
Misel Professional Detangling Hairbrush
With most low-quality brushes, you will complain of pain when brushing and when detangling. Meanwhile, with the use of this product, such should not be a cause of concern. The bristles are made of nylon and there are no ball tips that could cause the hair to break. Also, the manufacturer claims that using this will result in having 70% less hair on the brush. With its boar bristles, it can provide the natural oils that the hair needs. It is also worth noting that the manufacturer provides a three-year warranty.
PureGlo No Static Green Sandalwood Hairbrush
Make your hair shiny and smooth with the use of this revolutionary hairbrush, which is another promising option when it comes to the prevention of breakage. It has natural wooden bristles that can take off the oils from the scalp and apportion it to the hair. These bristles are strong, but they won’t cause damage to the hair. You can easily eliminate tangles, regardless of the type of hair that you have. It also has a natural sandalwood handle and vented cushion base, both of which contribute to providing superior quality.
Naturaloox Pure 100% Natural Boar Bristle Paddle Hairbrush
You can naturally condition your hair with the use of this top-rated hairbrush. Aside from the prevention of breakage, it is also effective in the reduction of frizz and the prevention of hair loss. One of the best things about this product is that it is made of natural boar bristles. The latter is an excellent material that is known for the reduction of the need to use hair styling products. Lastly, the manufacturer is offering a 30-day money-back guarantee if you are unhappy with its use.
Spornette Deville Sculpting Hairbrush
This cushioned styling brush will make it easier to take care of your hair while having an assurance that there will be no breakage. The latter can be attributed to the fact that it comes with cushioned bristles, which will be gentle even when dealing with knots. Similar to most of the products mentioned in this guide, it is made of boar bristles, a material that has been used for centuries and known for providing a natural conditioning effect. The handle, on the other hand, is made of durable, lightweight, and natural wood.
BESTOOL Natural Boar Bristle Hairbrush
The brush is made of 100% authentic boar bristle and nylon pins, which will effortlessly penetrate even thick and curly hair. Regardless of your hair type, this brush will work and promises to not cause breakage. It also provides a massaging action to the scalp, which will help in spreading the natural oils all the way to each end of your hair strands. As a bonus, there is a small cleaning tool that is included to get rid of tangled hair. Lastly, the manufacturer is offering a money-back guarantee that lasts for 45 days.
Sosoon Boar Bristle Hairbrush
Whether you have tangled, long, thick, thin, or curly hair, this is one hairbrush that will work best to prevent breakage. It is made of 100% pure natural boar bristle, which is not only gentle on the hair but also helps in spreading natural oils all the way to the ends of every hair strand. It will also be effective in the removal of excess oil while also improving texture. The bristles will glide almost effortlessly regardless of your type of hair. Even the handle is made of an excellent material that can withstand the test of time.
Michel Mercier Detangling Brush
This hairbrush has a patented design, which makes it another excellent choice when it comes to the prevention of breakage. It has a total of 428 bristles with 32 varying heights. This allows the proper application of pressure to the hair. It is part of the company’s spa product line. It comes with an anti-slip handle that makes it easy to grip. You do not have to pull hard to get rid of the knots. The bristles will do it without causing the hair to tear or break.
What are the Causes of Hair Breakage
Using the wrong hairbrush is just one of the many things that could cause hair breakage. Aside from these, there are other things that could be blamed, including the following:
- Unbalanced Diet: You are what you eat. The food that you consume will have an impact on your health, even on your hair. If you are deficient of Vitamins B and E, as well as iron, it is no longer surprising that your hair is prone to breakage.
- Stress: If you live a stressful life, it can take a toll on your hair and can contribute to breakage. When you are stressed, the hair follicles can end up being dormant. Therefore, the middle part of the hair can end up breaking.
- Heat Damage: Heat can make styling the hair a lot easier, but it is also not a secret that it can make the hair weaker, and hence, will make it easily prone to breakage. Too much use of hair dryers, flat iron, or curling iron will be a problem.
- Lack of Moisture: In the absence of hydration, the hair will most likely suffer from breakage. Plus, when you wash your hair with water that contains chlorine and other contaminants, it can also take away the natural oils and make it lack moisture.
- Chemical Exposure: There are many ways by which the hair can be exposed to chemicals that could lead to breakage. For instance, these chemicals can be harsh ingredients from shampoo, conditioner, dye, or other styling products that you are using. They can break down the hair proteins and make the strands weaker.
- Hair Accessories: It is important to be mindful about how you accessorize your hair. Pins and rubber bands that are too tight can result in hair breakage.
- Over-Washing: When you wash your hair too much, it can get rid of the natural oils, which will make it lack moisture. As mentioned earlier, the latter contributes to hair breakage.
- Sleeping on Cotton Pillowcase: This is one thing that can surprise many people. This is because of the friction that is created between the fabric and the hair when you are sleeping. Satin or silk are better alternatives for pillowcases.
The Best Ways to Stop Hair Breakage
Now that we have established the main causes of hair breakage, let us have a quick look at some of the best things that can be done to prevent it from happening:
- One of the best things to do is to load up on foods with the vitamins and minerals that will be needed by the hair to be strong and to prevent breakage. Poultry, salmon, bananas, broccoli, spinach, clams, and soybeans are just some of the foods that should be part of your diet.
- It is also important to be mindful of the hair products that you are using, making sure that they won’t contribute to hair breakage. Avoid hair care products with harsh ingredients that could lead to hair damage.
- Master the right way of drying your hair. For most of you, after a shower, the hair is dried by using a regular towel. However, the rough fabric can cause hair breakage. As an alternative, reach out for a shirt to dry the hair. It is absorbent and gentle on the hair.
- Regardless if you are already in a hurry, you should never brush your hair when it is still wet. It is at its most fragile state when it is still wet, so brushing is a big no at this point. In the same way, you should also wait for quite a while before you blow dry.
- A hair protectant is one of the best products to use, especially if you often use styling products like a hair dryer or a flat iron. It coats the hair and provides a protective barrier that will minimize the likelihood of breakage.
- Avoid aggressive grooming or too much brushing. If you think that giving your hair a hundred strokes before you sleep will make it smoother, you are totally wrong. This will just make it more prone to breakage.
- It will also help to load up on moisture. Like the skin, the hair also needs to be hydrated to keep it in its best state of health. Consider using oil or a hydrating conditioner, which will make the hair strands less fragile.
- Be careful about the treatment that your hair has to go through. For instance, rather than chemical straightening, a better alternative would be a keratin treatment. The latter will add a coat of keratin to make the hair smoother instead of harsh chemicals that could make it break.
Taking care of your hair is essential to look beautiful and become more confident. While you can lather it with expensive shampoos and conditioner, your hair care routine will not be complete without the use of the right brush. Choose from one of the products that have been mentioned above as they guarantee smooth, silky, and healthy hair that is free of breakage!