Travel and make up are two of the best things in the world. Right, girls? Combine the two, and for sure, it is heaven!
However, packing your makeup for a travel, whether for business or leisure, can be difficult. Between making sure that there is space for the essentials to seeing to it that they won’t get damaged in transit, you need to pick the right makeup bag. But, which bag is the best? Keep on reading and we’ll let you know some of the makeup bags that will make travel a lot more convenient!
Top-Rated Makeup Bags for Travel
Below are some of the best bags to keep your makeup during your travels! They are guaranteed to keep your cosmetics safe and organized wherever you go!
ROWNYEON Portable Leather Makeup Bag
For all the stylish women, this is one of the best bags to store your makeup when traveling. This is a fashionable travel essential, especially with its bright color, which is more than enough to make a statement. Inside, there are eleven adjustable compartments, two flexible belts, and a zippered pocket. One thing that makes it perfect for travel is the fact that it is shake-proof! Outside, the material used is polyurethane leather, which gives it an elegant appeal. The leather is durable and scratch-resistant. The zippers, on the other hand, are made of gold-plated metal.
Esarora Portable Travel Makeup Bag
This is a makeup bag that is made of premium materials, which include nylon lining and oxford fabric. It is waterproof, so there is no need to worry even if the bag gets wet because of the rain. You can be guaranteed that the contents remain dry! The zippers are also exceptional, and water won’t penetrate. There are compartments for ease of organizing. The best thing about these dividers is that they can be adjusted to suit the size of whatever you intend to keep inside. There is also a convenient handle, so you can carry it easily!
Monstina Large-Capacity Makeup Bag
The large capacity of this bag makes it an excellent choice for makeup artists. There is plenty of space for all the brushes and makeup essentials that you have to bring with you when traveling. There are three layers and there are also organizers. The dividers are padded and can also be customized. Inside, there are also pockets on the flap of the bag, which will be the perfect place to keep the brushes. The bag itself is made of nylon fabric, which is waterproof and durable. Lastly, it comes with an adjustable shoulder strap.
SONGMICS Makeup Train Case Bag
One of the best things about this bag is the fact that it contains customizable compartments depending on the size of the makeups that you will keep inside. It is roomy, and there are even spaces for makeup brushes. On the top of the bag, there is a plastic handle that is durable and comfortable, so you won’t mind carrying the bag when you are traveling. Outside, it is made of Oxford fabric with premium stitching, providing a guarantee that it will be long-lasting.
Chomeiu Travel Makeup Case
While this is a portable case, you can be confident that there is more than enough space for all your makeups. It is compact, making it easy to fit in a suitcase or a travel bag. More so, since it has a handle, you can also carry the bag on its own. The exterior is made of nylon fabric, a material that is known for being lightweight, durable, and waterproof. There are also dividers that can be customized based on the size of your makeup. Lastly, if you are unhappy in any way with this bag, let the manufacturer know and they will issue an unconditional refund.
EN’DA Makeup Bag
If you are looking for an affordable option for a top-rated travel makeup bag, this is another product that should be included as a part of your list. Similar to most of the products that have been mentioned in this post, it is also made of high-quality nylon. You will not have a problem when it comes to the care and maintenance of the bag. It is also a good thing that it comes with a classic diamond pattern, making it look elegant.
Valder Large Portable Makeup Bag
One thing that makes this different from most of the products mentioned in this post is the fact that it is in the form of a backpack, providing a different way of carrying it when you are traveling. In terms of its construction, it is made using nylon in a composite board frame, providing the benefits of minimal weight and exceptional durability. It has a brush compartment with a clear cover, which will help prevent damage. Aside from the brush pockets, there are ten adjustable dividers to accommodate makeups of different sizes.
Yeiotsy Polka Dots Travel Makeup Bag
This is proof that makeup bags do not have to be boring! It is one of those bags that you won’t have to hide inside your luggage. You can carry it on its own while still looking fashion-forward. It has a polka-dot pattern and a handle on the top. It has two zippers on the front, making it easy to open and close. The main material that is used in this bag is polyester, which is known for its durability. Inside, there are elastic loops, which will be great for makeup brushes.
Bold ‘n Sharp Makeup Bag Organizer
You will not run out of storage space when you use this travel makeup bag. When unfolded, it has three different parts. Two of the parts have a clear plastic cover, which will be great for storing brushes. For the construction, the bag is made of Jacquard nylon. It also has premium-quality zippers that will glide smoothly when opened or closed. Best of all, this makeup bag is scratch-resistant, shock-proof, and waterproof. Lastly, it is also worth noting that the manufacturer is offering a 45-day money-back guarantee and 1-year warranty.
IN Multifunctional Dual Compartment Makeup Bag
This bag comes with two storage compartments, making sure that there is enough space for your makeup. In the upper compartment, you can keep eyebrow pencils and cosmetic brushes, Meanwhile, on the lower compartment, you can keep foundations and BB creams, among others. The exterior is made of a waterproof material, which is also easy to clean and maintain. There is a convenient handle on the top.
Tips for Choosing the Right Makeup Bag for Travel
For sure, you will be overwhelmed with the long list of the options that are available. However, this does not mean that you can choose just any bag. To help you narrow down the possibilities, here are some of the most important things to consider:
- Find the size that works best for you. If it is just for a weekend travel, a small bag will be more than enough. On the other hand, if you are traveling for a long time and if you are a professional makeup artist, you definitely need one that is larger.
- Pick a bag made of the best materials. Most of the makeup bags are made of nylon, including those that have been mentioned above. Pick a material that is lightweight and durable. It should also be waterproof. Even the zippers should be made of premium materials.
- Make sure that there are dividers, which will make it easy to organize your makeup essentials. To add, the dividers should be customizable, providing you the freedom to personalize the bag depending on the makeup you will bring with you.
- The bag should also be easy to clean to make it look good even over the years. Especially the exterior and if you have brushes in the bag, regular cleaning is a must, and doing so should not require a lot of effort on your end.
- Consider your sense of style. Your makeup bag should also be fashion-forward. This way, you can carry it even on its own instead of hiding it on your luggage.
Best Practices for Organizing Makeup when Traveling
It is not enough that you choose the right travel bag for your makeup. It is also important that you are aware of how to pack and organize it the right way.
- Bring Only the Essentials: One of the most important things to do is to keep it simple, which is possible by limiting the makeups that you bring with you. Pack only the staples so that the bag won’t end up with clutter.
- Choose Multipurpose Makeup: In line with what has been mentioned above, another thing that will help is to bring makeup that can be used in more ways than one. By being multipurpose, you would have to bring less makeup with you.
- Decide in Advance: Simply put, this means that before you leave home, you should already be thinking of the looks that you will be pulling off during the travel. Think about the clothes that you will bring and the places where you will go. From here, it will be easier to envision the makeup that you will need, making it easier to decide which ones to bring and which can be left at home.
- Use Plastic Bags: Bags or Ziplocs will also help in keeping your bag organized. These sealable bags will prevent creams and liquids from spilling. It will also provide a safe place to keep the makeup brushes, making sure that they stay clean inside the bag.
- Buy Small Containers: Whether it is loose powder or liquid makeups, it will be good to have them transferred in small containers when you are traveling, especially if it is to be hand-carried. This will allow you to save a lot of space in the bag.
- Master the Art of Packing: The heaviest items, which are also the ones that are least likely to break, are the ones that should be at the bottom. The more fragile makeup items, on the other hand, should be placed on the top. It is also wise to keep the makeup bag tight. This way, the items will not end up shaking.
How to Clean your Travel Makeup Bag
Over time, your makeup bag can become dirty and will look unappealing. No, you do not need to throw it away and instantly buy a new one! All that you need to do is to clean it on your own. After all, this won’t require too much time and effort on your end.
The process will largely depend on the main material that is used in the bag. If it is made of a cloth, you can wash it with soap and water. On the other hand, if it is nylon or leather, the best way to clean it is to wipe it with a damp cloth. If there are stains, spot treatment will work.
When cleaning the bag, make sure to remove all the makeups first. Turn it inside out to be able to clean the interior as well. Use wet wipes to clean the interior. Do not forget to clean the makeups and brushes as well.
As a part of cleaning the bag, you should also decide on what to keep and what to throw away. Especially if it is your makeup travel bag, get rid of anything that is useless as it will add unnecessary weight to the bag. For all mascara and eyeliners, if they are more than three to six months, throw them away. For foundations, concealers, and brushes, on the other hand, the average lifespan is six months to one year. Meanwhile, you can use powder-based makeup and lipsticks for up to two years.
The best makeup bag is an essential investment for anyone who loves to travel. Even if you are not a makeup artist, you need a safe place to keep your cosmetics and brushes organized. With the bags that have been mentioned above, you can find a reliable and stylish travel companion!